Relativity Certifications—Helping You Learn the Lingo
For Relativity gurus, making sense of kCura’s certification system is likely no sweat. However, for ediscovery outsiders or legal/IT professionals new to Relativity, all of the classes, tests and designations are a bit overwhelming. While kCura’s certification system is not overly complicated, it takes some time to learn the lingo. To speed up your learning curve, take five minutes to familiarize yourself with the Relativity certification structure.
Why Get a Relativity Certification?
If you work for a corporation, law firm or service provider utilizing Relativity for ediscovery, there is no better way to learn new Relativity features and provide more value to your organization than to get certified. The Relativity certification programs are for individuals looking to validate their knowledge and expertise in the software.
What Relativity Certifications Are Available?
kCura offers eight certifications for Relativity:
- Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) – The keystone certification, targeted at case administrators working day-to-day in Relativity.
- Relativity Analytics Specialist – For individuals working extensively with Relativity Analytics.
- Relativity Infrastructure Specialist – For individuals responsible for setting up, running and troubleshooting a Relativity environment.
- Relativity Certified User – For individuals conducting document review within Relativity.
- Relativity Assisted Review Specialist – For individuals with expertise in predictive coding within Relativity.
- Relativity Processing Specialist – For individuals operating the processing engine in Relativity.
- Relativity Project Management Specialist – For individuals troubleshooting case workflows using Relativity.
- Relativity Certified Sales Professional (RCSP) – For individuals demonstrating Relativity in a sales setting.
- Expert – For RCAs who hold two or three specialist certifications concurrently.
- Master – For RCAs who hold four or more specialist certifications concurrently.
How Does the Certification Process Work?
Don’t expect these certifications to come easy. It is generally known that kCura’s exams are not a stroll through the park. Expect to invest plenty of time studying to prepare yourself. Further, in order to sit for one of the exams, candidates have to possess specific experience as a prerequisite. After you pass, you have to keep your certification up to date by earning Relativity Continuing Education (RCE) credits.
Hear What Some RCAs Have to Say
At Kroll Ontrack, many of our team members are ramping up their Relativity expertise. In fact, currently 53 colleagues hold the RCA designation, with several also certified in one or more specialist areas. Of those certified, nine in Kroll Ontrack’s crew have reached the Relativity Expert designation and one hard-working individual at Kroll Ontrack is certified as a Relativity Master.
If you are intrigued to pursue such a certification, set aside time to read the wealth of information available on kCura’s website. As anyone working in ediscovery knows, given the amount of change in the law and technology, continued professional development goes a long way to a prosperous career in ediscovery.