13 January 2009
Kroll Ontrack launches software with SharePoint restoration and search capabilities
Ontrack PowerControls product suite enhanced to include SharePoint recovery tool
Kroll Ontrack®, the leading provider of data recovery and data management products and services, has launched Ontrack® PowerControls™ 5.1.
The new tool allows IT and Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Administrators to easily and efficiently search and restore items on a SharePoint server. Administrators familiar with Ontrack PowerControls for Exchange product can now apply the same time and cost saving recovery capabilities to this widely used enterprise content management (ECM) application.
"While SharePoint has many Enterprise Content Management (ECM) benefits, the risk of accidental deletion or inaccurate editing creates demand for a tool to restore information from backups" said Alastair Molyneux, business development manager at Kroll Ontrack UK. "Regulatory and legal demands further emphasise the importance of archiving or restoring SharePoint data. With Ontrack PowerControls for SharePoint, restoration is no longer a technically difficult and involved process."
Specifically, the benefits of utilising Ontrack PowerControls for SharePoint include:
- Less time to restore an individual document, item, list, folder or library – Administrators no longer need to perform a full site restoration in order to locate specific items
- Eliminating the same site restore constraint – Ontrack PowerControls for SharePoint enables users to restore to the original or alternate SharePoint locations, allowing restoration directly into a production SharePoint server or to a file system. This eradicates the need for an expensive recovery server
- Minimising the time to locate all matching specific criteria – With an advanced search feature that performs across all content databases, administrators can target a variety of criteria, including item type, keywords, subject, date, specific users, and file and attachment data
- Maintaining data integrity of the SharePoint source and target – Ontrack PowerControls for SharePoint maintains data integrity by performing read-only operations on the source files and will not alter data when accessing the target
- Minimising the costs involved in restoring lost items – The tool can read existing content database backups, so no modification of backup infrastructure or procedures is necessary
KLDiscovery provides technology-enabled services and software to help law firms, corporations, government agencies and consumers solve complex data challenges. The company, with offices in 25 locations across 16 countries, is a global leader in delivering best-in-class eDiscovery, information governance and data recovery solutions to support the litigation, regulatory compliance, internal investigation and data recovery and management needs of our clients. Serving clients for over 30 years, KLDiscovery offers data collection and forensic investigation, early case assessment, electronic discovery and data processing, application software and data hosting for web-based document reviews, and managed document review services. In addition, through its global Ontrack Data Recovery business, KLDiscovery delivers world-class data recovery, email extraction and restoration, data destruction and tape management. KLDiscovery has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by both Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000) and Deloitte (Deloitte's Technology Fast 500) and CEO Chris Weiler was recognised as a 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year™. Additionally, KLDiscovery is a Relativity Certified Partner and maintains ISO/IEC 27001 Certified data centers around the world. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit www.kldiscovery.com/uk.
+44 (0)20 7549 9641